– AUGUST 29, 2017 — Garage Sale Mystery: A Case of Murder is the highest rated telecast in the history of Hallmark Movies & Mysteries with 2.407 million unduplicated viewers!
– Both of Axelrod-Ett’s Christmas movies (A CHRISTMAS DETOUR – 11/28 @ 9/8c and A CHRISTMAS MELODY – 12/19 @ 8/7c) are featured in the Los Angeles Times today in an article on this season’s Christmas movies. Check out the article here.
– Jonathan Axelrod and Alan Ett will be executive producers on A CHRISTMAS MELODY, Grammy award winning songstress MARIAH CAREY’s directorial debut. The movie will premiere on the Hallmark Channel on December 19 at 8/7c.
– Axelrod-Ett’s Christmas movie, A CHRISTMAS DETOUR, premieres November 28, 2015 at 9/8c on the Hallmark Channel. Starring Candace Cameron Bure and Paul Greene.
– The fourth movie in the series, GARAGE SALE MYSTERY: THE WEDDING DRESS, will air August 9, 2015 at 9/8c on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
– GARAGE SALE MYSTERY: THE DEADLY ROOM premiered on 4/11/15 as the most-watched movie in Hallmark Movies & Mysteries network history!
– GARAGE SALE MYSTERY picked up as a series of 2-hour movies, part of the re-branding of the Hallmark Movie Channel into HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES.
– MGM made a deal to develop a series with STEPHEN KRONISH (“24”, “The Kennedys”). Untitled drama/thriller will focus on the American Neo-Nazi movement.
– ANNE McGRATH (“Slushamed”, “The House of Shadows”, The Blank Theatre Company, The Public Theater) joins Axelrod-Ett as Director of Development.
– USA NETWORK buys I DO, AGAIN, a half-hour comedy from David Isaacs and Ken Levine (“Cheers”, “Frasier”, “M*A*S*H”). Series centers around a man who finds a second chance at love with his ex-wife’s sister. Universal Cable Productions will produce.
– GARAGE SALE MYSTERY airs on the HALLMARK CHANNEL, the #1 rated non-holiday movie in channel history. Stars Lori Loughlin as an antique store owner who solves a mystery using clues she finds at garage sales. Written by Walter Klenhard, Directed by Peter DeLuise, Executive Produced by Jonathan Axelrod, Alan Ett, and Peter DeLuise.
– THE MUSIC TEACHER premieres on the HALLMARK CHANNEL. The first musical in the network’s history, THE MUSIC TEACHER, starring Annie Potts (“Ghostbusters”, “Pretty In Pink”), was written by Ron Parker (“The Hatfields & McCoys”, “Joan of Arc”), directed by Ron Oliver (“Harriet The Spy: Blog Wars”, “Cupid, Inc”), and Executive Produced by Jonathan Axelrod and Alan Ett. All music and lyrics were composed and written by Alan Ett.
– LIFETIME orders THE LOVE CONTRACT as a project to star Kim Delaney. Dava Savel (“Sonny With A Chance”, “Ellen”, “Will & Grace”) is working on this romantic comedy and how you can legalize love. Executive Produced by Jonathan Axelrod, Alan Ett, and Kim Delaney.
– NICKELODEON orders a script, HARMONY, created by Tim O’Donnell (“Growing Pains”, “Dave’s World”, “Lizzie McGuire”), a blended family show about old friends, a new marriage, and six kids. Executive Produced by Jonathan Axelrod, Alan Ett, and Tim O’Donnell.
– HALLMARK picks up THE MUSIC TEACHER to film. This is the first musical in the history of the HALLMARK CHANNEL. Written by Ron Parker (“The Hatfields & McCoys”, “Joan of Arc”, “The Price of Love”). All songs written by Alan Ett. Executive Produced by Jonathan Axelrod, Alan Ett, and Ron Parker.
– Optioned GARAGE SALE MYSTERY, a new book. Walter Klenhard will script the first movie in a proposed series. Produced by Katy Garretson (“Frasier”, “Reba”, “Shake It Up”).
– Optioned KATE MARTINELLI, the first in a series of books by Laurie R. King, for development into a TV show.
– Optioned the play THE COMMISSION, by Bill Gucwa, about what really happened privately during the Warren Commission.